Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Dragon Army Scarf

Due to my amazing intelligence and crazy amount of planning, I wrote this on Wednesday, I think, but I never took the picture, so I'm not posting until now. So, yet, again, I'm posting late on a Saturday night.

Hello everyone! Due to the bad weather, I somehow got this entire week off from school. Yeah, it's kind of blowing my mind. This half of our county got about five inches of snow, but the western half has less developed roads and worse weather, so we often get off for minor weather problems. We just got the mass phone call which told us about tomorrow and Friday, and most interestingly, midterms. They're cancelled. I don't even have the proper words to express how I feel about this. The super nerdy half of me is actually kind of disappointed, but I'm also a bit relieved (mostly about science).

But you probably don't really care about that. The important part is that I know have a ton of unexpected free time, and I plan to use it well. First, I'm going to have at least one other post this week that won't really be of interest to you if you aren't a Sherlockian. During the airing of The Empty Hearse (which I LOVED) I took a few notes of my reactions and thoughts and things. I'll be posting those at some point, along with some additional commentary. Because there isn't enough of that on the internet, right?

Right now, however, I'm going to show you a project I did a couple weeks ago.



I did it in small stages, which is really the only way I could have had time. I used this tutorial from Rae Gun Ramblings, and this tutorial to make the freezer paper. I also had to look up how to do a French seam, but I don't have any idea what video I used. I'm definitely planning on doing some more projects with freezer paper, since I'm really happy with how this turned out. I think I'm going to make it a little shorter at some point, though. Since I'm already small for my age, and this is sized for an adult, it kind of adds up into one really big scarf!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! All the comments will be moderated, so please don't write anything offensive, profane, or dirty. I'm cool with criticism, as long as it's constructive and not unnecessarily harsh. Thanks for reading!