Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

A Tale of Two Barbers*

So about five minutes ago I was in the shower, just casually rinsing my hair, when I remembered a joke-ish thing my dad told me and thought, "Oh, I should put that in a blog post!" And then I thought, "Oh crap, I really need to write a blog post!" So apparently I will be making a habit of waiting until fifteen minutes before my deadline to post every week...

As I obviously don't have a ton of time, I'm just going to tell you guys that joke-ish thing that actually is not a joke but I laughed about for five minutes. My dad says that this is attributed to Mark Twain, although he may not have actually said this, but this is the Internet so I don't think anyone will mind if I accidentally misquote someone. Here we go....

In a town with only two barbers, should you go to the one with the good haircut or the bad one?

Get it? You should go to the one with the bad haircut! (I'm now realizing that this in no way qualifies as a joke. Forgive me, let me try again.)

A photon arrives at a hotel with only one suitcase. The bellhop comments on his lack of luggage, and the photon replies, "Well yeah, I'm traveling light!"

This joke speaks to me on a deep level. I got it from my sort of homeroom teacher's wall. Thanks, Dr. T! (Although I have been using just first initials to refer to people I know, I would like to state that many of his students actually refer to him as Dr. T in real life. This apparently caused some confusion when he arrived at the school last year because people thought another teacher, referred to as Mr. T because of his horrifyingly unpronounceable last name, had gotten his doctorate.)

So now I have told you a joke random thing, a joke, and an anecdote from my school. What more do you people want from me at 11:54 on a Saturday night?

I swear I'll try to have a proper post this week.... possibly even during the week and not at quarter to 12 next Saturday!


*In case anyone is wondering, I am aware that A Tale of Two Cities isn't by Mark Twain, I just thought it sounded good. Poetic license? Even though I hate poetry?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! All the comments will be moderated, so please don't write anything offensive, profane, or dirty. I'm cool with criticism, as long as it's constructive and not unnecessarily harsh. Thanks for reading!