Pages

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Misogynistic Pop

Before you ask, no, this is not about sexist soda. If you're looking for that, go ask Dr. Pepper. (No? Too obscure? OK.)

So I just got home from the winter semiformal at my nerd school, and it was surprisingly fun. This may shock you, but I don't do that much social stuff, so dances aren't really my thing. I took my best friend, who does not attend said nerd school, and she forced me to dance. To horrible music. Yes, not only am I antisocial, I also don't listen to "normal" music. My favorite playlist has a mixture of Star Trek, the Ohio State band, and classic rock. So I'm not a fan of the kind of music that was played tonight, which objectifies women and has a swear word every four seconds. This was especially awkward as the dance was held in a synagogue, but eventually I just started blocking out the words. All in all, I did have a pretty good time, though, so I think it was worth it!

I'm going to the sing-along version of Frozen tomorrow with my guard friends and I am SO EXCITED!!!!! We will probably be the oldest ones there, but we will sing the loudest and the proudest and I have no idea where I'm going with this. I actually think it's really interesting that teenagers seem to enjoy Disney movies more than the target audience. Like Wednesday, when we had a snow day, and I spent the day watching old Disney movies and had a fantastic time. (Hercules, anyone?)

I hope you had a wonderful week, and I will talk to you next Saturday night three minutes before my deadline soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! All the comments will be moderated, so please don't write anything offensive, profane, or dirty. I'm cool with criticism, as long as it's constructive and not unnecessarily harsh. Thanks for reading!